New Arrival 5: Bevel

Arriving late Friday and flying out the door by Saturday are designs from American design house Bevel (Actually one of the guys is a Brit but he lives in New York so close enough). Great colors + silly names + cool shapes = Bevel. Yes I said silly names, where have you seen frames with the names "tuchas", "gobsmacker" or "wojumacallit" in such colors as "citrus wood", "red stripe" (hooray beer!), or "mahogany silk" before? Cool hand polished acetates (rumored to be done by near extinct Japanese craftsmen), milled titanium, and their newest creation "beta-plast" make this a collection with something for everyone. The beta-plast are an exclusive design featuring extremely lightweight titanium core frames covered in the hand-polished acetate giving the wearer the bold look of zyl frames with the light weight durability of titanium. Extremely fashionable and super comfortable, the initial feedback has been very positive. Here's a sampling of what's here:



Pictured above are some petite sizes for smaller faces (like my mom, who already is calling about new specs...somehow she conveniently lost her other 15 free pairs...she's crafty my mom and it is Valentines day). Anyway here we have "Mazel Tov" in red stripe, "Fabulous" in black/magenta, and P.O.S. in brown mint. I'm not sure what "P.O.S" stands for but I'll go with "point of sale", you can fill it in anyway you prefer.





At the other end of the size spectrum are larger frames for the hard to fit gentlemen with larger heads...and, um, Aubrey. Pictured above are "M.Y.O.B." in citrus wood, "I.M.H.O." in dark chocolate/burnt umber and "Oleg" in tusk- no, not the album by Fleetwood Mac. We also have the aforementioned Aubrey (aka Kendalls' momma) wearing the "M.Y.O.B." in black diamond. It looks so good that they should have named it after her...In my humble opinion I'd call it the "P.I.T.A."... but maybe I should just mind my own business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gail Spence 9904 aluminum half eyes by Pro Design. Get them while they last!

Gail Spence: Update NOW IN STOCK!

COVID19 UPDATE 5/16/2020: OPEN BY APPOINTMENT